SUMMER SCHOOL 2019 IS DEVOTED TO:
- psychotherapists, psychologists, counselors;
- couples & families;
- university teachers & students;
- social & health-care workers;
- professionals interested in practical training in adlerian psychology;
- is an opportunity for friendly meetings and forming useful professional contacts;
- the programme for children of 9 years and older is prepared in the form of a camp and the young participants will have opportunities to undertake courses with the lecturer in the field of personal growth and development to support resilience and encouragement;
- suitable also for beginners and can be a sample of the working methods of Adlerian therapists;
- for advanced and graduates from Adlerian training, it serves to refresh their knowledge.
- Lectures & activities:
Evidence-based couple counseling;
Discernment counseling for couples considering divorce;
Working with Infidelity in Counseling;
Using the „Dreams within conflicts“ techniques to address ongoing conflict;
Using the „Doubling Technique“ to break through an impasse;
Using early recollections techniques (and Variants) to help couples understand each other.
- 3 demonstrations of counseling techniques
- 3 subsequent analyses of demonstrations
- Group Development & evening and social program
- Programme for children of 9 years and older is prepared in the form of a camp and the young participants will have opportunities to undertake courses with the lecturer in the field of personal growth and development to support resilience and encouragement
Keynote lecturer is: Dr. Paul R. Peluso, Ph.D. (Florida Atlantic University, USA).
Dr. Paul R. Peluso is a Professor of Mental Health Counseling and Chair, Department of Counselor Education at Florida Atlantic University. He is also a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a National Certified Counselor, a Certified Disaster Mental Health Counselor and a supervisor. Dr. Paul R. Peluso is an author of many monographs and publications, but also an international lecturer. As a researcher he cooperates with Dr. John M. Gottman, Ph.D for more than 10 years. Dr. John M. Gottman is a pioneer in the field of a research and longitudinal studies of couple dynamics. Courses will be translated into Slovak language.
The Slovak presenters are: Daniela Čechová, Lucia Bélová, Kristína Široká.
Dr. Daniela Čechová, PhD. is an assistant professor at the Department of Psychology at Comenius University in Bratislava and also at Slovak Medical University. She is a professional guarantee of the only Specialized Study in the field of Counseling Psychology in Slovakia. At the same time she is the President of the Slovak Association of Individual Psychology (SAIP) as well as the President of the International Association of Individual Psychology (IAIP). Dr. Daniela Čechová is licensed psychotherapist in private practice, senior lecturer, author of many professional publications, research studies & translations of many books from the field of psychology to Slovak language. Recently she published the book „Adlerian Ethics: Applications in Counselling and Psychotherapy“ with her colleague Dagmar Marková. She is also a member of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).
Kristína Široká graduated from psychology at Comenius University in Bratislava. She has practical work experience as a counselor at the helpline for women experiencing violence from their partners or their ex – partners. She is currently working as a counseling psychologist under the supervision of Dr. Daniela Čechová and working on getting her own license. She attends professional trainings in Adlerian psychology regularly and she is a member of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).
- Adult participant, who will pay for the tuition before April 30th, 2019 – 150 Eur
- Adult participant, who will pay for the tuition after May 1st, 2019 – 180 Eur
- Student of the 1st and 2nd University degree – 100 Eur
- Child and adolescent in the programme – 45 Eur
- + extra fee of 25€ for those staying outside the arranged facility (Farewell dinner included ), OFF-SITE FEE
- + extra fee of 8€ for those wishing to receive credits
Registration is valid after payment for tuition to account No.: IBAN: SK5411000000002947012986. Applicants will be informed of their acceptance and about the specific programme of the summer encounters. The fee is non-refundable, as it serves to pay the hotel charges in the event of participants‘ non-attendance.
This year Summer School of an Adlerian Psychology will take place in the Mountain Hotel Eva in a town, Svätý Jur (distance of the town from Bratislava is 20 km). This complex offers playgrounds, rest and social space for sportsmen, but also a safe place for children and youth.
Hotel Accommodation Price List: – it is paid in the hotel after the event ends:
- 2-bedded room + 2 extra beds, with bathroom, fridge, TV: 45,00 €
- 2-bedded room + 2 extra beds with bathroom, fridge, TV, balcony: 45,00 €
- 4-bedded rooms with bathroom, TV, fridge: 45,00 €
- 4-bedded room with a shared bathroom and fridge: 25,00 €
- 5-bedded room with a shared bathroom and fridge: 30,00 €
Meals: – it is paid in the hotel after the event ends:
- Breakfast: 6,00 €
- Lunch: 7,00 €
- Dinner: 8,00 €
- Half board with soup: 12,00 €
- Full board with soup: 18,00 €
The professional as well as the social programme is open ONLY to fee-paying participants. The Adlerian Summer Encounters are not a venue for the provision of psychotherapy services or private professional consultations. The demonstrations of counselling and therapy are intended to serve educational purposes. However, all are very welcome in the group discussion forums.
Phone: +421 911 902 411
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!