With Special Guest Dr.William G. Nicoll, Ph.D. (Resilience Counseling & Training Center, USA),
which will take place in 30th June 2018 – 3rd July 2018:
in the Congress center SAV ACADEMIA in the village Stará Lesná
SUMMER SCHOOL 2018 IS DEVOTED TO:
- psychologists & therapists
- to other professional public which is particularly interested in practical education in Adlerian Psychology
- it is an opportunity for friendly encounters & forming useful professional contacts
- as in previous years, this year also the programme for children of 9 years and older is prepared in the form of a camp and the young participants will have opportunities to undertake courses in the field of personal growth
- it is suitable also for beginners – can be a sample of the working methods of Adlerian therapists from home and abroad
- for advanced and graduates from Adlerian training, it serves to refresh their knowledge
- necessary for those who are considering a long-term training in Adlerian Counseling!
Lectures and activities:
- Issues & Trends in the Diagnosis of Psychopathology: What you need to know!
- An Adlerian Perspective: Psychopathology or Psychosocial Adaptation?
- Developing Mental Health & Psychosocial Wellbeing: Going Beyond Adler’s social interest & gemeinschaftsgefuhl
- Applying the IP model for diagnosis and case conceptualization in actual practice: exercises
- Trends in Prevention & Early Intervention: Encouraging innovations or counter-productive strategies?
- Alfred Adler: un-known biography
- 3 demonstrations of counseling techniques
- 3 subsequent analyses of demonstrations
- Case – studies from psychotherapy practice
- Evening and social program, Group development
PLEASE APPLY BY E-MAIL: email@example.com
Keynote lecturer is: Dr. William Nicoll, Ph.D. (Resilience Counseling & Training Center, USA)
Dr. William Nicoll is a licensed clinical psychologist, family therapist, school counselor, psychotherapist, academician & author of various monographs and professional publications. He sreves as a consultant and trainer for the Resilience & Training Center in New Hampshire, USA which provides professional development training and consulting services to both mental health organizations re: brief counseling & therapy, family counseling and resilience-focused therapy. Also provide services to schools worldwide on issues related to resilience, social-emotional learning, bullying, classroom behavior management, home-school collaboration, and improving school climate/culture. Also serve as USA Coordinator for the European Network for Social Emotional Competence (ENSEC). He served for over 30 years as a university professor including as Chair of the Department of Counselor Education at Florida Atlantic University. Currently, he teaches graduate courses in Counseling at Plymouth State University and undergraduate psychology courses at White Mountain Community College. He has developed a number of innovative programs including: a school-based family education center, combined B.S./M.Ed. interdisciplinary teacher education program,, Ph.D. program in counseling, online/hybrid degree program, combined rehabilitation & mental health counseling degree program, a multi-cultural school counselor degree program, a university-based community counseling & supervision center, a juvenile domestic violence diversion program, a diversion program for first-time juvenile offenders, and a domestic violence prevention staff training program. Dr. Nicoll provided professional development training workshops for counselors and therapists nationwide on topic of “Brief Counseling and Therapy”, sponsored and coordinated by the American Counseling Association’s National Professional Development Program. He served as a Director of the Adlerian Training Institute in Florida for 16 years. We must not forget that he was a professional guarantee of both Adlerian psychotherapeutic trainings that have been implemented in Slovakia so far.
The Slovak presenters are: Daniela Čechová, Lucia Bélová, Kristína Široká
Dr. Daniela Čechová is an assistant professor at the Department of Psychology at Comenius University in Bratislava and also at Slovak Medical University. She is a professional guarantee of the only Specialized Study in the field of Counseling Psychology in Slovakia. At the same time she is the President of the Slovak Association of Individual Psychology (SAIP) as well as the President of the International Association of Individual Psychology (IAIP). Dr. Daniela Čechová is licensed psychotherapist in private practice, senior lecturer, author of many professional publications, research studies & translations of many books from the field of psychology to Slovak language. Recently she published the book „Adlerian Ethics: Applications in Counselling and Psychotherapy“ with her colleague Dagmar Marková. She is also a member of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).
Dr. Lucia Bélová works as a social pedagogist in the Centre of Pedagogical – Psychological counseling in Holíč. She is a graduate from the long-term training in a Person-Centered Approach in the psychotherapy and counseling and also long-term training in the field of supervision. She attends professional trainings in Adlerian psychology regularly. In the past, she used to teach at St. Elizabeth University of Health and Social Work in Bratislava.
Kristína Široká graduated from psychology at Comenius University in Bratislava. She has practical work experience as a counselor at the helpline for women experiencing violence from their partners or their ex – partners. She is currently working as an assistant psychologist to Dr. Daniela Čechová and she is also working on getting a license in the counseling psychology. She also attends professional trainings in Adlerian psychology regularly. She is a member of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP) too.
- Adult participant who will pay for the tuition before the April 30th, 2018 – 120 €
- Adult participant who will pay for the tuition after May 1st, 2018 – 145 €
- Student of the 1st and 2nd University degree – 90 €
- Child and adolescent in the programme – 45 €
- + extra fee of 25 € for those staying outside the arranged facility (Farewell dinner included)
PLEASE APPLY BY E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is valid after payment for tuition to account No.: IBAN: SK5411 0000 0000 294 701 2986, SWIFT (BIC): TATRSKBX. Applicants will be informed of their acceptance and about the specific programme of the Summer School. The fee is non-refundable, as it serves to pay the hotel charges in the event of participants‘ non-attendance.
VENUE : Congress center SAV ACADEMIA, Stará Lesná
This year Summer School of an Adlerian Psychology will take place in the Congress center SAV ACADEMIA, which is situated at the foot of the peak Lomnicky Stit in the eastern part of beautiful High Tatras Mountains. It is located on the border of the Tatra National Park, in a quiet surrounding of the villages Tatranska Lomnica and Stary Smokovec. A favourable location is underlined by the closeness of the architectonic treasury of Spis region – Levoca, Kezmarok or Stara Lubovna.
Hotel Accommodation Price List: – it is paid in the hotel after the event ends
- 2-bedded room – standard: 54,00 €
- 2-bedded room – standard/single: 40,00 €
- 2-bedded room – LUX: 60,00 €
- 2-bedded room – LUX/single: 48,00 €
- Suite /1 – 4 beds/: 68,00 €
- Extra bed: 8,50 €
Board Price List: – it is paid in the hotel after the event ends
- Halfboard: 10,40 € (for child up to 12 years: 8,40 €)
- Fullboard (optional): 15,20 € (for child up to 12 years: 12,90 €)
The professional as well as the social programme is open ONLY to fee-paying participants. The Summer School of an Adlerian Psychology is not a venue for the provision of psychotherapy services or private professional consultations. The demonstrations of counseling and therapy are intended to serve educational purposes. However, all are very welcome in the group discussion forums.
Don’t forget to follow us also on Facebook (Individuálna psychológia na Slovensku)
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail (email@example.com)
or by phone (+421 911 902 411).
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!